OPEN AUDITIONS FOR
Open Auditions will be held in the ACT II Black Box Sunday, August 5 at 4pm
and Monday, August 6 & Tuesday August 7 at 6:30pm
Performance Dates October 19-28 on the ACT Main Stage at 809 Barrow
Socialite and novelist Charles Condomine invites Madame Arcati, the eccentric medium and clairvoyant, to his house to conduct a séance, hoping to gather material for his next book. The scheme backfires, and after the séance he is haunted by the ghost of his annoying and temperamental first wife, Elvira. Elvira makes continual attempts to disrupt Charles's marriage to his second wife, Ruth, who cannot see or hear the ghost.
The cast consists of 7 characters:
• Charles - a novelist – male, 35-60
• Ruth — Charles’ current wife – female, 35-60
• Elvira — Charles late wife – female, 35-60
• Madame Arcati - an eccentric medium – female, 45-65
• Edith - the maid – female, 18-30
• Dr. Bradman - friend of Charles and Ruth – male, 35-60
• Mrs. Bradman - Dr. Bradmans wife – female, 35-60
Auditions are for all parts, and no previous acting experience is necessary. Those auditioning should bring a prepared one-minute comedic or dramatic monologue with an English accent (rehearsed, does not need to be memorized) to present. Questions regarding auditions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The date of first read thru and the rehearsal schedule will be determined after auditions. BLITHE SPIRIT will be performed at Abilene Community Theatre (809 Barrow) from October 19th thru October 28th, 2018, and will be produced by special arrangement with Samuel French.